Monday, June 17, 2013

Day 193 - Potatoes Benedict

Potatoes Benedict

 Alright, friends, I'm aware this is cheating - I did not take this to work, nor would I.  But I made it for brunch yesterday, and it was so good that I have to share.  I'm calling it...Potatoes Benedict!  Essentially, it's a bacon-hashbrown muffin topped with a poached egg and some hollandaise sauce.  A little different, and very tasty.

I'm going to give you the recipe details for the potato muffins, which I topped with poached eggs, and this hollandaise recipe.  This makes a dozen muffins, and I served two per person.  Enjoy!



Potatoes Benedict
1 lb shredded hash browns (I used Simply Potatoes)
1 cup shredded cheddar jack cheese
3 strips of bacon
1/4 cup sour cream
1 T salt
1 T black pepper
12 eggs, poached
Hollandaise Sauce

In a large bowl, mix together potatoes, cheese, sour cream, salt and pepper.  Cook bacon until crisp, crumble, and add to potato mixture, stirring well.  Spoon potatoes into a well greased muffin tin, filling each cup about to the top.  Bake at 400F for 30 minutes.  Remove from oven and run a knife around each cup.  Flip potato muffins over and let cool while you're poaching your eggs.  Top each muffin with one egg and a generous drizzle of hollandaise.  Serve immediately, perhaps with some grilled asparagus and toasted English muffins! Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. These look amazing! I will have to try this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an amazing blog! I'm looking through your posts with my sons for lunch inspiration. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete