Monday, April 15, 2013

One Rotisserie Chicken, Four Lunches



You know those rotisserie chickens that most big box grocery stores sell?  The ones that can be a killer bargain, and most households buy multiple times a week?  Well, I bought one on Sunday, and made four lunches and three dinners out of it.  So, that's what I'll be showing you this week.  One chicken, four lunches...three of those lunches from dinner leftovers!.

Now, the details.  I bought a four pound bird, took the skin off, and removed all of the meat and chopped it into bite sized pieces.  I ended up with about 5 cups of chicken, which I kept in a large container in the refrigerator all week.  All the chicken required in the recipes this week comes from those five cups.  I also saved the chicken bones to make stock...more on that on Friday.

If you're a thrifty shopper, keep in mind that most grocery stores discount their rotisserie chickens by a least $2 after a certain point in the evening.  In my Kroger, they knock off $2 at 7pm, and another $2 at 9pm; in short, two birds after 9pm is cheaper than one before 7pm.

I bought mine later at night.  For less than $7, I had chicken for all week.  I made three dinners, after which I brought leftovers to lunch, and made one lunch just from the drumsticks.  Thrifty menu planning and its best!  Stay tuned... Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment