Thursday, April 18, 2013

Day 159 - Chicken Enchiladas


Chicken Enchiladas, Strawberries, Blueberries, Carrots, Celery.

 I made chicken enchiladas last night!  This is one of my favorite recipes that I learned in college, and it's turned out to be a great, quick meal for busy nights.  I often bring it, or something like it, to my friends after they've had babies or non-stomach-sensitizing surgery.  Last night, however, I made it all for me!  I packed the leftovers today with strawberries, blueberries, carrots, and celery.  Pictured is actually one enchilada cut in half.  The recipe only makes six enchiladas, but I promise that just one is enough to fill up most people.

This is, without a doubt, one of my favorite ways to make use of a rotisserie chicken!

Enjoy!

Chicken Enchiladas

6 burrito sized flour tortillas
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
2 cups cheese (I use queso quesadilla or a mexican blend), divided
8 oz can green chilies
10 oz red (or green) enchilada sauce

In a large bowl, mix together chicken, chilies, and 1 3/4 cup cheese.  Put just under a cup of chicken mixture in the center of each tortilla, rolling up and making sure that the filling is tucked well into the ends.  Place each enchilada into the bottom of a well greased 9x13 baking pan.  Cover with enchilada sauce and remaining cheese.  Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.  Serve with sour cream, rice, and a good salad!

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment