Monday, April 8, 2013

Day 153 - Fruit and Veggie Box with Palmetto Cheese

Whole Wheat Pita, Cucumber Slices, Mandarin Orange Sections, Green Grapes, Grape Tomatoes, Pimento Cheese


Here's the thing.  I feel the need to get a lot of fruits and veggies in my system this week, but that doesn't mean that I can't have a little something indulgent, right?  Gotta get protein somewhere, and as far as I'm concerned, that might as well come from cheese!

Seriously, I have no problem with a box full of healthy and a little something fatty and proteiny (yeah, I just made that word up) on the side.  And for whatever reason, sometimes I just wanna go vegetarian, so lean meats are out.

Anyway, today my indulgence is pimento cheese...more specifically, Palmetto Cheese!  Palmetto Cheese is one of those things I discovered while living in South Carolina, which I was so glad to find in stores in Atlanta!  It's essentially a pre-packaged pimento cheese (some varieties with jalepenos!  and bacon!) that tastes just about as good as homemade.  A pricey and caloric treat, for sure, but delicious anyway.

Ok, pimento cheese aside, I also included mini whole wheat pitas, cucumber slices, mandarin orange sections, grape tomatoes, and green grapes.  Not going to lie, I'm pretty sure everyone at the table was jealous of my colorful, healthy meal.  It's true! Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Elizabeth! Thank you for spreading the soul for Palmetto Cheese, we do appreciate it! Great picture too. Shared this with our Pinterest and Twitter followers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh My, I feel like I just got a comment from a celebrity! You're the only pimento cheese I'll buy from a store! I just tried your bacon version a couple of weeks ago...and I wish I hadn't, because it was so delicious I ate it way more quickly than I should have. :)

      Delete