Monday, March 25, 2013

Day 145 - Breakfast Casserole

Breakfast Casserole
 Alright, friends, this week I am going on VACATION!!!!!!!!!!  Beach, margaritas, shrimp tacos, a great friend, more tacos!  It will be grand!

So, I'll sort of be taking a blog vacation, but not really.  Obviously I can't post the lunches I'm taking this week, because I'm going to be spending an ungodly amount of money eating out instead (yay!), but I'm still going to post this week.  What you'll be seeing this week is a collection of my favorite southern food...the casserole!  I've collected a few recipes over the last couple of months that I either took to lunch and didn't share, or that I know would transport and reheat well for lunch.  These will all assume that you have access to a microwave for lunch, so if you're packing lunch for kids, then just file these away for nights and weekends!



Today's featured casserole is a cheesy Breakfast Casserole.  It heated up beautifully in the microwave all week, and was very easy to make.  I used the Cheesy Potato Breakfast Casserole recipe from Doughmesstic, and it was great!  Hash browns, sausage, cheese, eggs...yummmm.  Next time, I might use shredded hash browns instead of cubed hash browns, but otherwise I'd keep it the same.  Delicious!  And you should definitely check out the link, since the pictures there do this recipe far more justice than mine did!  Enjoy! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment