Friday, March 1, 2013

Day 132 - Ham Sandwich

Last day of ham week!  And, of course, you can't have a week of ham without a delicious ham sandwich!  I made a smaller sandwich by using a multigrain dinner roll (yeah, I know...that's a huge roll), adding of course some Dijon mustard.  Threw in some celery, carrots, apples, and cheese cubes, and made a pretty healthy meal!  This would be a great meal for kids or adults, and has a lot of different colors, flavors, and textures. 

I will say that the one draw back of ham week is the amount of sodium you get, which I tried to keep in check this week with lots of raw veggies and fruits, particularly at snack time.  I also don't personally like to eat meat every day, but that's certainly not true for everyone.  The upside is that you save a lot of money, have a great opportunity to be creative with your recipes, and all your pre-planning makes prep during the week much easier!



Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment