Friday, February 8, 2013

Day 120 - Crunchy Shrimp Pasta

Crunchy Shrimp Pasta

I packed leftovers from last night for lunch today.  I knew I'd be doing it in a hurry this morning, too, so I just snapped a picture of dinner last night.

So, for my readers who love whole foods and clean eating, this is not for you.  For my readers that don't mind using a little processed food for a quick and tasty meal, this is totally for you.

Remember the spaghetti from last night?  Well, I used up the rest of the sauce and pasta, and this time topped it with some shrimp tossed in Italian Parmesan Fresh Takes and baked.  It.  Was.  SO.  Good.  I may be making shrimp like this all the time now.  Couldn't have been easier, and it was so delicious!

I'm going to write the recipe assuming you're starting fresh and didn't have leftovers like I did.  I made enough for 3 servings last night, and the below recipe will make 4-6 servings.  Enjoy!

Crunchy Shrimp Pasta

1.5 lbs shrimp, peeled with the tail off
1 package Italian Parmesan Fresh Takes
1 egg
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1 onion, chopped
1 can diced tomatoes, drained
1/2 cup white wine
1 T minced garlic
1 T olive oil
1 pound angel hair pasta

In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.  Add garlic and onion, cooking until soft.  Add in tomatoes and wine, bringing to a simmer.  Pour in spaghetti sauce and bring to a simmer again.  Reduce to low heat and keep on back burner while you prepare the rest of the meal.

Put on water to boil for pasta.  In a separate bowl, whisk egg until well blended.  Dip shrimp in egg and place into opened bag of fresh takes.  When all shrimp is in the bag, seal and bag and shake until coated.  If your shrimp are large, you may need to do this in two batches.  Remove coated shrimp and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.  Sprinkle over any remaining cheese and bread crumbs as desired.  Bake at 425F for 10 minutes and remove promptly.  While shrimp is baking, you should have plenty of time to cook and drain pasta.  Toss pasta with sauce and keep warm.  Transfer to individual bowls and top with shrimp.  Serve hot.   

Pin It Now!

2 comments: