Thursday, October 4, 2012

Day 48 - Creamy Chicken Paprika on Rice

Creamy Chicken Paprika on saffron rice, black beans, mixed greens salad.
This is one of my favorite recipes.  I made it up one night a few years ago based on what I had in the fridge, and it's soooo good...full of flavor.  Great comfort food!

It's basically a skillet chicken paprika with sour cream added.  You could serve it over white or brown rice, but I infinitely prefer saffron rice...the flavors are a great combo.  I usually add in a can of black beans, as well, but I find that they get overly mushy when microwaved in this sauce.  So, for today's lunch, I just stuck them on the side. :)  Added a nice green salad and the only thing missing was a cold dry riesling and a crusty baguette.  Which is what I ate it with last night...But they won't let me bring wine to work.   Crazy.

Anyhoo, recipe time!

Creamy Chicken Paprika on Rice

1-2 lbs chicken breasts, chopped into bite size pieces
2 T olive oil
1 red onion, chopped
1 cup chicken broth
8 oz sour cream
3 T paprika

10 oz pkg saffron rice

Prepare rice according to package directions (I often substitute chicken stock for the water).  Set aside.

Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken on each side until cooked through, about five minutes.  Set aside.  Add oil to skillet, being sure to scrape up browned bits.  Stir in onion and cook until tender, about five minutes.  Pour in chicken broth and paprika; bring to a boil and let reduce until mixture has thickened; about 5 minutes.  Stir in sour cream and cooked chicken; heat til warmed through.  Serve hot over rice.  Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment