Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Day 38 - Greek Chicken


Greek grilled chicken, roasted asparagus, potatoes, and chick peas.  All bathed in a warm afternoon sun!

I know...food all in one, undivided container.  Shocking!

Ok, for real though, all my other containers were in the dishwasher.  And these flavors all mingled well, so it was actually pretty delicious!

Leftovers from  last night include roasted asparagus, pan roasted potatoes in yogurt sauce, marinated and roasted chick peas, and grilled Greek chicken. I've gone back and forth over which recipe from this lunch to share, and I've decided to go with the chicken for two reasons.

1.  It's really easy, and everyone likes it.

2.  It's the chicken I use for my gyros, so that might help you create past recipes!

This microwaved beautifully at work.  I wish I had thrown in some more chick peas, though, because I got real hungry around 3:00.  So, learn from my example and always pack extra protein!

Marinated Greek Chicken

1 two pound package of chicken breasts
1 cup plain Greek style yogurt, any fat  content (the more fat, the less yogurt-y the taste after cooking.  Your preference).
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 T marjoram or oregano
1 t black pepper

In a large bowl, whisk together yogurt, vinegar, lemon juice, and spices.  Gently fold in chicken breasts.  Cover and let sit in refrigerator at least overnight.  When ready to cook, let the chicken lose it's chill by sitting at room temperature for about 15 minutes.

I grill mine on my George Foreman grill for about 3 minutes each; cooking time will vary based on the thickness of your chicken and the heat of your grill.

Alternately, you can bread and bake these at 350F for about 45 minutes.

Serve hot or cold.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment