Monday, September 17, 2012

Day 37 - Asian Ginger Salad

Asian Ginger Salad

I can't really take credit for this lunch, even though I'm going to share the recipe.  The boyfriend made dinner last night, and he made this great Asian Ginger Salad.  Yeah, that's right.  He cooks and enjoys a nice entree salad.  Get in line.

All I did was enjoy it, then pack the leftovers for lunch!


Anyway, one of the things I liked about it so much was how simple it looked to throw together.  I may have stalked his ingredient list while I was cleaning up, so I'm posting on his behalf.  These were all pre-made, pick up at the store last minute kind of ingredients, which could be super convenient on a busy night.

Super easy, super delicious, super versatile.

Asian Ginger Salad

10 oz bag romaine lettuce, washed
9 oz pre-cooked grilled chicken (can be found in the freezer or meat section of the grocery store)
3 oz chow mein noodles
1 cup cherry tomatoes
1 cup canned mandarin oranges
6 oz pre-bottled ginger dressing

Toss all ingredients together and serve immediately.  You may wish to add in the dressing slowly in order to control how "dressed" your salad becomes.  Feel free to throw in extra ingredients - edamame, bell pepper, onion, almonds, and tofu would all be delicious! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment