Thursday, September 6, 2012

Day 32 - And Ode to Soft Pretzels

Soft Pretzel, strawberries, broccoli, creamy tomato soup.
 
Are soft pretzels healthy?  Probably not.  But dang I love them!  They're so salty and chewy and good.  They're my favorite guilty late nigh snack (I know, carbs after dinner, I  know).  I tend to buy the Super Pretzel brand when it goes on sale and keep it in the freezer for carb emergencies..or unexpected company!


This morning, I just didn't feel  like putting out much effort.  It's rainy and dreary outside (I believe the Scots refer to days like this as "dreek,") and I was just too tired to put forth much food effort.  So, after prepping the crock pot for tonight's dinner, I was done cooking.  I threw in a Super Pretzel, and pulled broccoli and strawberries, and grabbed a microwavable soup from the back of the pantry.  Honestly, for as little effort as I put forth, this was a good comforting meal, with some healthy elements that gave me lots of energy.  Not bad at all! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment