Monday, August 27, 2012

Day 25 - Trader Joe's Mandarin Chicken

Mandarin Orange Chicken on jasmine rice, steamed broccoli, orange  slices.


I tend to make food from fresh ingredients.  Sometimes I will freeze those fresh ingredients myself, but then I know how long they've been in the freezer.  I don't often have frozen dinners.

Trader Joe's Mandarin Orange Chicken is a definite exception.  The only Mandarin Chicken I've had better than this was in Chinatown in San Francisco, and this one goes from freezer to plate in about 15 minutes.  I love it.  Frozen precooked chicken and sauce cook for about 10 minutes in a skillet with a little sesame oil.  I often throw in broccoli or asparagus, and serve it over rice.

Mmmm...tasty goodness.


For lunch today I had last night's leftovers over jasmine rice, with steamed broccoli and cara cara oranges on the side.

Yes.

Look  how beautiful!

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment