Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Day 19 - Crustless Mini Ham Quiches

Mini cheese and ham quiches, sugar snap peas, raspberries, crackers and cheese.
 Let's continue with cute things baked in muffin tins, shall we?

I made mini quiches last night.  They were to die for.  Really.  I thought they'd be ok, but they were delicious. Expect to see lots of these in the future!  I made four - had two for dinner and two for lunch.  They were divine hot, and still really good cold.  The only problem was that I forgot to grease the muffin tin.  Don't forget to do that...then they won't look as pretty.

See?  Not pretty, but yum.
 Also, these would make a great salad topper.  I made them crustless just for ease, but I missed the crumbly crunchiness of a crust.  I may experiment with crusts later, but for now I highly recommend including something like crackers with these, just to give you a little diversity in texture.

Remind me to write an ode on my love for Laughing Cow light spreadable cheese sometime soon.

Anyway...recipe time!


Crustless Ham & Cheddar Mini Quiches

4 Tablespoons diced ham
4 Tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
2 eggs
1/2 cup heavy cream
dash each of onion salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and dried parsley

Grease four cups of a standard sized muffin tin.  Place 1 Tablespoon each of ham and cheddar in the bottom of each of the four muffin cups.  In a small bowl, crack and whisk eggs together with spices.  Slowly pour in the cold cream, whisking well.  Pour evenly over the ham and cheese in the muffin cups.  The mixture will reach almost the top of the cup.

Bake at 375F for 20 minutes, or until the tops are golden and fluffy.  These should rise quite and bit and will sink down to about half the size after cooling.  Let cool for 10 minutes before gently removing with a spoon. Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment