Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Day 15 - Bagel Pizza

Bagel Pizza, Cherries, Mixed Green Salad
If you consider yourself a foodie, then do NOT read this blog post!  It will make you so sad, and who wants to be sad?!

I made a bagel pizza today.  But I didn't shop for the ingredients...I scrounged around in my kitchen and said "Hey, I think these random items will make a pizza!"  Not going to lie...it was the kind of thing I'd make for a 3rd grader.

And. It. Was. Delicious.

So I have all these bagels, right?  I pulled out an asiago bagel and cut it in  half.  Then I had some tomato puree in the pantry for spaghetti later this week.  So I busted that open a little early and mixed it with herbs to make pizza sauce.  Then...remember the salami from yesterday?  Cut that up.  And then, the ultimate foodie heresy....I used string cheese instead of actual fancy mozzarella.  I know.  But I promise, it was goooood.

Doesn't it look delightful?


Then I added some mixed greens with raspberry vinaigrette (bottled - more foodie failures, I know!) and cherries.  I did microwave the pizza at work because I just couldn't eat it cold...I think that was the right choice.

I'll tell you how I made it, but give you lots of options for whatever you may have lurking in your kitchen!

Back of the Pantry Bagel Pizza

1 half asiago bagel (or whatever flavor you like, or a mini pita!)
1 T tomato puree + 1/4 t Italian Seasoning (or 1 T pizza sauce, chopped tomatoes, or even spaghetti sauce - foodies, quit rolling your eyes!  I told you to stop reading already!)
1 slice genoa salami (or any other deli meat, or about 1 T chopped chicken, steak, pepperoni, sausage, veggies, whatever)
1 mozzarella cheese stick (or 1-2T shredded or sliced cheese)

Stir together the tomato puree and seasoning.  Spoon and spread sauce on top of the bagel half.  Tear salami into pieces and layer about half of it over the sauce.  Roughly chop the cheese and layer on top of salami.  Top off with remaining salami and maybe a dash of parsley.  Bake on a foil lined pan at 350F for about 10 minutes, or until cheese melts.  Eat or refrigerate immediately. Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment